|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant|
|Opening Date:||July 6, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Until Filled|
|Salary:||$31,200 – $33,280 (commensurate with experience)|
|Job Type:||Full-time, Non-exempt|
The Administrative Assistant functions as a clerical support for a number of programs within the Casper-Natrona County Health Department, including the Public Health Preparedness program, the Wyoming AIDS Education and Training Center, Ryan White HIV Case Management program, Disease Prevention Clinic, and other programs as directed. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a high level of customer service at all times for external/internal customers, vendors, and other visitors. This position is responsible for having a high level of knowledge of all department programs in order to assist all customers, assisting with department reception and assisting with basic office operations and financial procedures.
Specific Duties and Functions:
- Provides high level of customer service to CNCHD’s external and internal customers.
- Promptly answers all incoming lines, directs calls to appropriate staff members, answers general questions, refers caller to appropriate program (or even external agency), and takes accurate and complete messages.
- Responsible for retrieving voice messages in a timely fashion and forwarding message to appropriate staff for follow-up. Follows-up on messages requesting general department information.
- Greets clients and visitors in a timely and courteous manner. Answers general questions, directs clients/patients/vendors to appropriate staff member and program.
- Maintains high level of knowledge of all programs within the department assisting external and internal customers in the most effective way possible.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times and respects sensitive client issues.
- Provides backup support to Disease Prevention Clinic front desk and is competent in all clinic reception processes.
- Completes a broad range of administrative tasks for Administrative department, Public Health Preparedness program, Disease Prevention Clinic and other programs as assigned including: composing and preparing correspondence, handling confidential information, arranging travel plans, itineraries and agendas, filing documents, copying, scanning, and other duties as assigned.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem solving, and making adjustments to plans
- Ensures that meeting minutes are taken during important meetings with high accuracy
- Supports the function of the entire department by maintaining and increasing the effectiveness of critical administrative operations
- Maintains absolute confidentiality on all matters of an official nature and exercises tact and diplomacy in dealing with employees, applicants, and other visitors
- Completes purchase orders for Administration, Public Health Preparedness Program, Disease Prevention Clinc, and other programs upon the request.
- Processes the purchase orders for approval in all departments.
- Assists with filing for Office Operation Finance Manager, Executive Director and Department Receptionist.
- Keeps immediate supervisor appraised of the workload and seeks assistance, if necessary, to meet priority deadlines.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management.
- Participate in emergency preparedness activities to support department functions as requested by the Executive Director.
- Works closely with Program Managers, Office Operation Finance Manager, Clinic Department Receptionist, and Executive Director.
- Communicates professionally, in both verbal and written form, with clients, suppliers, vendors, and banking contacts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Office Operations Finance Manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in general clerical office work and/or one-year certificate or two-year Associate Degree in Business/business related course work.
- Type at least sixty words per minute.
- Must have computer knowledge and experience, including word processing skills, and basic data entry, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Successfully complete immunization review on hire.
- Successfully complete drug screening on hire.
- Successfully complete Background and Central Registry Check.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical work, including filing, records keeping and bookkeeping tasks.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
- Ability to lift forty pounds from floor to waist level.
- Baccalaureate degree in Business/Business Management, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Progressively responsible work experience related to administration, reception, and/or bookkeeping.
- Experience with health-related organizations.
- Notary Public.
This position reports to the Office Operations Finance Manager.
ADA Essential Requirements
- Vision adequate for daily work, corrected vision of 20/40- on the Sneller scale.
- Hearing adequate for daily work corrected hearing of 30 decibels on the 1000, 2000 frequency scale.
- Must have the ability to lift twenty pounds from floor to waist level.
- Reasonable accommodations will be addressed, based on the Position Description.
Potential Hazards Includes
- Potential exposures to communicable disease from direct/or indirect personal contact.
- Use of vehicles/or equipment.
- Injury due to awkward positions, and prolonged computer work.
- Exposure to chemical agents, to include reagents, sanitizers and other chemicals that may be associated with routine and incidental assignments.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a letter of intent and resume or curriculum vitae to the Casper Natrona County Health Department. You may submit your letter of intent and resume/CV electronically or mail a hard copy to the following address:
Office Operations Finance Manager
Casper-Natrona County Health Department 475 South Spruce Street
Casper, Wyoming 82601
Phone: (307) 577-9723