Opening Date: December 21, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: $14- $20/hour dependent on experience
Job Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Casper, Wyoming
The Medical Assistant will primarily be assigned to the Disease Prevention Clinic to address essential functions. There will be other duties in other departments as assigned that include working on grant deliverables, assist in testing events, and providing education. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. This position routinely deals with sensitive and confidential information and documents requiring the utmost privacy and confidentiality. Maintain current CPR card.
Specific Duties and Functions:
- Perform initial patient assessment of each patient including vital signs
- Obtain and update medical history
- Assist with office procedures required by licensed healthcare provider
- Perform venipuncture and prepare laboratory samples for arrival at their appropriate destination for processing
- Collect specimens for lab tests, and perform in office lab tests
- Document in electronic medical records
- Prepare patients for testing, treatment and procedures that are required by the licensed healthcare provider
- Administer vaccinations as ordered by licensed healthcare provider
- Provide patient education as directed by licensed healthcare provider
- Manage specialty referrals
- Order medical supplies
- Stock and clean exam rooms
- Also required to perform other duties assigned in other departments.
- High school diploma, successful completion of medical assistant and phlebotomist training
- Demonstrated work record showing good attendance, punctuality, dependability and the ability to work well with others
- Speak, read, comprehend and write English language.
- Fluency in Spanish would be a major asset.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Successfully complete medical evaluation on hire.
- Successfully complete immunization review on hire.
- Successfully complete drug screening on hire
- Successfully complete Background and Central Registry Check
- Possess a valid State of Wyoming driver’s license.
- Certified Medical Assistant/phlebotomist license
- Experience with public health programs
Disease Prevention Clinic Manager
ADA Essential Requirements:
- Vision adequate for daily work, corrected vision of 20/40- on the Sneller scale.
- Hearing adequate for daily work corrected hearing of 30 decibels on the 1000, 2000 frequency scale.
- The ability to lift twenty pounds from floor to waist level.
- Reasonable accommodations will be addressed, based on the position description.
- Potential exposures to communicable disease from direct/or indirect personal contact.
- Use of vehicles/or equipment.
- Variety of environmental conditions both inside and outside at work sites.
- Injury due to awkward positions and prolonged computer work.
- Exposure to chemical agents, to include reagents, sanitizers and other chemicals that may be associated with routine and incidental assignments.
Performs Other Duties as Assigned:
The above statements describe the general duties, which constitute the work of this position and shall not be considered a detailed description of all of the work requirements inherent to this position.
The Casper-Natrona County Health Department reserves the absolute right to terminate any employee at any time. All employees are at will.How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a letter of intent and resume or curriculum vitae to the Casper-Natrona County Health Department. Please submit your letter of intent and resume/CV electronically via email: firstname.lastname@example.org