|Job Title:||Nurse Practitioner|
|Opening Date:||June 30, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
|Salary:||$90,000-$120,000, depending on experience|
|Job Type:||40 hours weekly, Non-exempt|
Essential Public Health Function:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
The Nurse Practitioner will ensure the delivery of essential public health services and client services through programs that include immunizations, Title X family planning, sexually-transmitted disease clinic, tuberculosis, seasonal illness, potential sports physicals, travel evaluations, immigration assistance, supportive employee wellness, other health needs identified by community needs assessment, and epidemiologic disease follow-up. Identified services will be provided across the full age spectrum. Our health department serves the Natrona County community by promoting healthy behaviors and equal access to quality health care and serves as a resource for current and reliable health information. This is a newly created position that will evolve and expand over time.
Specific Duties and Functions
- Complete health history and record findings accurately. Must see female and male clients.
- Perform physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system.
- Provide guidance to public health nursing staff on screening, testing, and diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections.
- Order diagnostic studies, prescriptions, and/or referrals as indicated and provide appropriate treatment and follow-up as necessary.
- Provide relevant education and collaborate with the public health nursing team and other community agencies in providing comprehensive care.
- Provide birth control education and methods including placement of IUD’s and Nexplanon.
- Ensure proper management of clinical services at health department with the assistance of Disease Prevention Clinical Manager.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by working towards a positive outcome with any problems encountered.
- Stays current on contraceptive technologies and requests appropriate training as needed.
- Works with Disease Prevention Clinical Manager to review, revise and implement policies and procedures that are accurate and relevant.
- Advanced Clinical Practice: Provide direct patient care in role of a nurse practitioner, including diagnosis and treatment by pharmaceutical, therapeutic, or corrective measures in collaboration with the County Health Officer and other referral source health care providers.
- Ability to maintain relationships based on trust, support, and growth with team colleagues, administrative staff, and community partners.
- Work requires evaluating the relevance and importance of theories, concepts, and principles and developing different approaches or plans to fit specific circumstances.
- Independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness are needed to interpret and apply guidelines.
- Regular communications with other employees and the general public, as well as handling of difficult people is expected.
- Maintain and foster a positive and open environment is an expectation at all times.
- Must be certified and licensed by the Wyoming Board of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
- Ability to apply administrative practices and procedures
- Possess problem solving and planning skills
- Speak, read, and write English language
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical work, including filing and bookkeeping tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum of supervision
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Successfully complete medical evaluation on hire
- Successfully complete immunization review on hire
- Successfully complete drug screening on hire
- Successfully complete Background and Central Registry Check
- Possess a valid State of Wyoming driver’s license
Minimum three (03) years of experience
Experience with public health programs
Experience with women’s health programs
Experience with infectious diseases and treatment of sexually-transmitted infections
American Nurses Credentialing Certification (ANCC)
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification (AANP)
This position reports to the Executive Director.
ADA Essential Requirements
Vision adequate for daily work, corrected vision of 20/40- on the Sneller scale.
Hearing adequate for daily work corrected hearing of 30 decibels on the 1000, 2000 frequency scale.
Must have the ability to lift twenty pounds from floor to waist level.
Reasonable accommodations will be addressed, based on the Position Description.
Potential Hazards Includes
- Potential exposures to communicable disease from direct/or indirect personal contact.
- Use of vehicles/or equipment.
- Variety of environmental conditions at work sites.
- Unfriendly animals at work sites.
- Injury due to awkward positions, and prolonged computer work.
- Exposure to chemical agents, to include reagents, sanitizers and other chemicals that may be associated with routine and incidental assignments.
Performs Other Duties as Assigned
This position is considered Management Exempt and requires availability as needed during community emergencies.
The above statements describe the general duties, which constitute the work of this position and shall not be considered a detailed description of the work requirements inherent to this position.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a letter of intent and resume or curriculum vitae to the Casper Natrona County Health Department. You may submit your letter of intent and resume/CV electronically or mail a hard copy to the following address:
Anna Kinder, M.S.OTR/L
Casper Natrona County Health Department
475 South Spruce Street
Casper, Wyoming 82601
Phone: (307) 577-9722