Our Mission: Provide HIV education and capacity building support for health care providers.
The Wyoming AIDS Education and Training Center (WyAETC) is one of the state/regional HRSA-funded AIDS Education training centers in the United States. The Casper-Natrona County Health Department is honored to house the WyAETC under its roof via a cooperative agreement with the University of Washington.
- Clinical training tailored to your needs
- Education programs on all aspects of HIV
- Case-based interactive discussions
- Capacity building assistance
- Practice transformation coaching
- Clinical consultation
- One-to-one mentoring
- Workforce education
- Technical assistance
- Educational and resource materials
Who We Serve
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Dentists and other dental professionals
- Other health care professionals
- Faculty, students, and staff in health professions schools
We provide training on all aspects of HIV, including:
- HIV testing
- Linkage to care
- Diagnosis and clinical management of HIV
- Antiretroviral treatment
- HIV/hepatitis C co-infection
- Pre/post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP, nPEP, PrEP)
- Retention in care
- Adherence counseling
- Motivational interviewing
- Health care organization and delivery issues
- Impact of health care reform on HIV services
- Emerging HIV clinical issues
The Wyoming AETC provides in-person, online, and distance-based training.
The WyAETC’s Mission is to educate health professionals about HIV infection, including prevention, diagnosis, treatment, referral, and psychosocial issues. The WyAETC is a Local Performance Site of the Mountain West AIDS Education and Training Center serving 10-states and 4 population specific sites. The AIDS Education and Training Center (AETC) program is funded through the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) as part of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
The AETC program is a network of 8 regional centers (and more than 130 local associated sites, such as the WyAETC) and 5 National Centers. The WyAETC is locally managed and oversight is provided by the Casper-Natrona County Health Department. WyAETC provides education and services to health care professionals through training (face-to-face, webinars, conferences and workshops), clinical training and mentorship, technical assistance, capacity building, and clinical consultation.